Here’s The Format You Should Be Following if You Want To Write a Book Report
Writing a book report is one of the most important aspects of almost everybody’s educational career. Understanding the correct format of writing a book report lets students share important information correctly and accurately regarding the books that they have read with their peers and their teachers.
Image Source: IMG.TALKANDROID.COM
Even though there is a lot of elasticity involved in how one can write a book report and design it, a lot of teachers believe that the format in which the book report is written is extremely important. The correct format plays a vital role in making the report an interesting one.
Following are the basic format guidelines you should follow when writing your book report:
- Open the book report by mentioning the teacher’s name, the name of the author of the book and the name of the book.
- Add all the other required information which seems important to you in the introductory paragraph.
- Also include in the first paragraph when the book was published.
- Discuss the theme of the book; also include a one or two line theme as well.
- The subsequent paragraphs should describe all the characters in the book, summary of the plot and the purpose of the book as well.
There is some more additional information you can include as well, which is as follows:
- Information regarding how you choose the book.
- Have you read the books written by this person before?
- Was the genre of the book one which you liked?
- Citations for the specific pages in the book you’re writing the book report for.
- Be sure to include your personal reflections on the book. This could be a comparison between the main character and yourself, or someone in your life. The plot could remind you of an incident which has occurred in your life. Did any themes of the book specifically motivate or emotionally touch you.
At July 31, 2017